Follow by Email

Sunday, 28 July 2013

I completed a sewing project!

Today I sewed a tablecloth!
I have had the fabric for a few months and hadn't got round to threading my sewing machine with the correct colour thread, or winding the bottom thread bobbin.
I'm not all that familiar with my sewing machine, or sewing. Even straight hems are a challenge.



I spent lots of time ironing the hems, and re-reading instructions for mitred corners!
The sewing was relatively fast after all the preparation.
I enjoyed the mitred corner challenge, this is my best one:






The finished article definitely looks home-made but its perfectly good to use and I'm very proud that I accomplished what I set out to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for security and will be published once approved.